I have no pictures, but I just had to get that picture of bread off the top of this blog. I am gluten sensitive, so bread is poison to me. I do love bread and would love to eat it, but it doesn't love me. I have a love/hate relationship with food and always have, but it's even more so now that I'm gluten sensitive and even more since I'm now pregnant. I don't enjoy eating all that much, but I have to do it to survive. Being pregnant and nauseous makes it worse because I don't want to eat and nothing sounds good, but I know if I do eat then I'll feel better. Also, I can't eat whatever I crave this pregnancy either. I'm hungry all the time, too, so it's a challenge to find something that's GF, appealing, and that will hold me over a few hours. Sorry for being so negative here. I figured this could be a good place to vent.
I have found a few saving graces here in Austin, though. One is Craig O's pizza. It's a great pizza place for everyone, but what makes it even better is that they make gluten free pizzas and the place is close to our house AND they deliver! This is so exciting. It's really good GF pizza, too!
I do have one question: Does anyone have any good recipes that use quinoa? It's a very healthy GF grain which also is high in protein. I need lots of protein being pregnant, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to eat. If y'all have any other good ideas or recipes that are GF, let me know!
Okay, I'm hungry...gotta go figure out what to eat again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No recipe but someone really needs to reverse engineer the quinoa salad from Pacha at 46th & Burnet. It's really, really good.
(mark for Kristen again, and I'll get my own googleaccount before I do this again.)
But Mark, it is great having you post! Especially as Kristen, because until you say (it's Mark) I really am quite fooled...
Post a Comment